Friday 14 January 2011

Creature Creation





From the start of this project i knew that I wanted to sculpt some sort of creature as the science fiction, television and film industry use sculpting for a lot of their work.  I knew that I wasn't going to sculpt a creature with fur as fur and hair is something that, if needed would not be sculpted, rather it would be hair punched after the moulding and casting process. In order to design this creature I collaborated with my housemate Louis who is currently studying illustration  I was thinking of a creature that was a mix between a fish and a lizard and the above images are the designs that Louis came up with.  My favourite is the top design on the right which Louis drew an enlarged version of for more reference. Although character design was not part of my brief I still felt it was necessary as it meant that I had something to go by instead of just my imagination.

http://inkforblud.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment