Monday 3 January 2011

Initial Ideas

We were told to think about what we wanted to do for this project during the summer just gone.  I knew that I wanted to do something to with sculpture after we did a project at the end of 1st year, where we did a head sculpt of the person sitting opposite us.  I really enjoyed this and wanted to improve and learn more about sculpting and this is why I decided to study this subject.


Over the summer I was initially thinking about doing some sort of reptilian or amphibian animal sculpt or even a deep sea fish.  I watched David Attenborough’s Blue Planet documentary for inspiration. There were many different and weird creatures that I liked, as shown in my notes below but none that really stood out to me. Another thought that I had was to make a lizards head as I thought that having to sculpt the shape and the texture of the scales would be a challenge and show some different sculpting techniques. 





No comments:

Post a Comment